About The Author

“If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting the rest of our lives.” – Lemony Snicket

My name is Mya Rae Evans! I am 18 years old and a first year student at City College. I was born and raised in NYC and even though I stand against its glamorous depictions in media, the city is its own type of beautiful and it will always be where my heart resides. I’m majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. I’ve always been in love with reading and writing. I still have all the books from my childhood, the roots of my current journey into becoming an author. I also have the folders filled with silly stories written in terrible handwriting. I am truly appreciative of the opportunity to take up creative writing in college to further my abilities and hopefully one day achieve my dream of being at a book signing with my hardcover in my hand, having people tell me that somehow my writing made a mark on them. 

I love the art of expression and storytelling. Everyone and everything has a story, you just have to know how to put it into words that can become a visual movie playing in the reader’s mind. I love too many books to narrow it down but these are some of my favorite films and shows that have amazing stories.

In order of appearance (left to right): Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Waves, Gravity Falls, A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Infinity Train, Amphibia, Stranger Things, and Frozen